BRAVE FRONTIER RADIO

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.) You are not logged in. Click on register below and fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.

2.) You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

3.) If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.address.

Before posting makes sure to read the general rules first. Enjoy staying here in our community and may the force be with you.

- BFR Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BRAVE FRONTIER RADIO

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.) You are not logged in. Click on register below and fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.

2.) You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

3.) If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.address.

Before posting makes sure to read the general rules first. Enjoy staying here in our community and may the force be with you.

- BFR Admin

BRAVE FRONTIER RADIO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BRAVE FRONTIER RADIO

The No.1 Two-way Radio Community Forum in The Philippines

Welcome to BFR community. If you’re a Guest you can join us and register by clicking "Log in" on the upper right-hand side of the forum page. We are really excited to have you as part of our team. Start interacting with us and share your best practices, tips, and tricks about TWO-WAY Radio. Thank you and we are looking forward to hearing from you soon! – Admin Tomzki.

VAPE is more fun in the Philippines!

Admin Tomzki
    Admin Tomzki
    Admin
    Admin

VAPE is more fun in the Philippines! Empty VAPE is more fun in the Philippines!

Post  Admin Tomzki Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:23 am

When I quit smoking last August 19, 2012, I had been smoking one pack a day of Marlboro Reds for the past 21 years.  To give you a bit of a background, let’s rewind back in time prior to August 19.
    VAPE is more fun in the Philippines! 20120923_234617
    I was hopelessly addicted to smoking cigarettes.  The first thing I would reach for in the morning, upon waking up, is a pack of cigarettes and I’d light one of them.  I’d take another before eating, and after.  I needed one before going to the bathroom, getting into the car for a drive, getting out of the car after a drive, before seeing a movie, while drinking my coffee – you get my drift.  I never ran out of them, either.  If I knew my remaining pack just had two or three cigs in them, I’d go to the convenience store to get a new pack.  And before going to sleep each night, my last activity would be – you guessed it, smoking one or two cigs.
    I started to get more into healthy living when I started working out.  I stopped eating greasy food, and gave up drinking completely.  I chose everything that I ate.  Friends started to notice my new approach to living, and believe me, I wanted to be proud of myself- but I couldn’t, because I knew there was still one big part of me that contradicted everything- smoking.
    Did I try to quit back then? Maybe.  A few attempts, but nothing worked.  So one day, I just gave up and said, I’ll just have to live with smoking.  I started not to care.  Until I got sick with dengue fever last month.  I was in the hospital bed, lying there, thinking of only one thing- how am I going to sneak just one smoke?  It was an agonizing experience, being stuck there, not able to smoke.  And the first thing I did upon exiting the hospital? Yes, you guessed correct again.
    So when I walked into a vape (“vape” – a term loosely used to describe the act of using an e-cigarette, taken from the word “vapor”) supply store out of curiosity one day, I had no expectations- but was a bit hopeful that I’d be able to quit. I walked out of the store with a basic ego-T unit, 510 atomizer, and a small bottle of Heaven Gifts coffee flavored e-juice with 18mg of nicotine.  I vaped that afternoon, with a pack of Marlboro reds in my front jeans pocket.  I kept that pack just in case the vaping “thing” wouldn’t work out.
    A couple of hours later, I craved for a cigarette- so I lit one.  It was okay. The rest of that afternoon, I continued to vape during the times I’d smoke.  The following morning, instead of lighting a cig when I woke up, I reached for my e-cig unit.  After breakfast that morning, I smoked a cigarette.  It was August 19, 2012.  I have not smoked a single cigarette since then.  Not one.
    The first week, I was irritable and felt like I was going to snap at some weird, random moment.  There were times I even felt gloomy, for no apparent reason.  These went away on the second week, and was replaced with the feeling of accomplishment- I had finally given up cigarettes.
    I no longer crave for Marlboro Reds, or any cigarette for that matter.  Whenever I am near the vicinity of a smoker, I get mildly dizzy.  I feel a sense of freedom, knowing that I can wake up in the morning not having to worry about where I left my pack of cigarettes.  Food tastes better, and my sense of smell seems a lot better, too.  I feel lighter, and am working out better than ever before. I am now down to 6MG or more often than not, zero mg nicotine e-juices.
    Friends and family are proud of me, but you know what?  I’m definitely proud of myself.

alienbouncecyclops

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:47 am