BRAVE FRONTIER RADIO

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.) You are not logged in. Click on register below and fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.

2.) You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

3.) If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.address.

Before posting makes sure to read the general rules first. Enjoy staying here in our community and may the force be with you.

- BFR Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BRAVE FRONTIER RADIO

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.) You are not logged in. Click on register below and fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.

2.) You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

3.) If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.address.

Before posting makes sure to read the general rules first. Enjoy staying here in our community and may the force be with you.

- BFR Admin

BRAVE FRONTIER RADIO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BRAVE FRONTIER RADIO

The No.1 Two-way Radio Community Forum in The Philippines

Welcome to BFR community. If you’re a Guest you can join us and register by clicking "Log in" on the upper right-hand side of the forum page. We are really excited to have you as part of our team. Start interacting with us and share your best practices, tips, and tricks about TWO-WAY Radio. Thank you and we are looking forward to hearing from you soon! – Admin Tomzki.

The first million is the hardest

analie
    analie

The first million is the hardest Empty The first million is the hardest

Post  analie Sat May 25, 2013 8:35 pm

While looking at Moolanomy’s blog the other day, I stumbled on an intriguing post that illustrates why it’s hard to break that P1-million net worth mark. It’s not just the persistence and focus needed to make your first million. Moolanomy correctly points out that it’s also mathematically challenging.
    “If a person invests $15,000 per year starting at age 25 and the investment gains on average 10% a year, he can get to $1 million mark by 45. The first million took 20 years! But if you keep going down the table, it only takes… 6 more years to get to $2 million at 51 4 more years to get to $3 million at 55 3 more years to get to $4 million at 58 2 more years to get to $5 million at 60 2 more years to get to $6 million at 62 2 more years to get to $7 million at 64 1 more years to get to $8 million at 65
    This confirms what one of the readers of this blog said in a comment on my post on The Science and Art of Making Your First Million. He said:
    “Making your first million is the hardest because you’re starting from scratch. The next million is less hard. The succeeding millions are easier because you have a bigger base. Money begets money. I made my first million at 25 in real estate during the real estate boom in early ’90s. I had to bet all my savings and borrow money to do that. Now I earn the same amount in interest alone. Business is the fastest way to make money. It is also the fastest way to lose money if you fail. Don’t worry it’s okay to fail but don’t lose it all.”
    Inspiring, right? As I was looking through MoneySmarts’ archives, I realize Pinoy Investor is only in his thirties. Unfortunately, he doesn’t want to be interviewed Smile For average Filipinos, making the first million by 25 may not be as easy though. But what if we make some simple assumptions. Say, regular savings of P2,000 a month starting at age 20 when most of us start working? The table looks like this:

The first million is the hardest First-million

It will take 16 years to make your first million! But it gets easier after that… 6 more years to make the second million 4 more years to make the third million 3 more years to make the fourth 2 more years to make the fifth 2 more years to make the sixth 1 more year to make the seventh …then you’ll be making one million a year after the eighth. Consider that this illustration is only for a P2,000 savings per month on a 10% return per annum. Come on guys, we all can do better than that! Smile

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:25 pm